Admitted: 1994, New York
Law School: Syracuse University College of Law, J.D., magna cum laude, 1993
College: Brandeis University, B.A., cum laude, 1990
Member: Nassau County (Member, Matrimonial Law Committee, 1993—; Member, Judiciary Committee, 2009—2015), New York State (Member, Family Law Section, 1993—; Financial Officer 2014—2016, Secretary 2016—present, Member, Executive Committee, 2011—, Member, CLE Committee, 2011—) and American Bar Associations.
Ms. Baiamonte was admitted to the Bar in January, 1994. Since admission to the Bar, Ms. Baiamonte has been engaged exclusively in the practice of matrimonial and family law.
Ms. Baiamonte is a graduate of Brandeis University (B.S., cum laude, 1990) and Syracuse University College of Law (J.D., magna cum laude, 1993; Senior Notes and Comments Editor, Syracuse Law Review), where she received the Order of the Coif. After graduating law school, Ms. Baiamonte was an associate of the Garden City firm of DaSilva & Keidel from October 1993 through February 1996. During this time, she was Associate Editor of the Domestic Relations Reporter, a legal publication by Matthew Bender. In March, 1996, Ms. Baiamonte became an associate of Stephen Gassman, Esq., a renowned leader in the field of matrimonial and family law. Ms. Baiamonte was named a member of the firm on August 1, 2007, at which time the firm was renamed Gassman, Baiamonte, Betts & Tannenbaum, P.C. In April 2011, the firm became known as Gassman Baiamonte Gruner, P.C..
Since 1994, Ms. Baiamonte has been and remains an active member of the Nassau County Bar Association. She has served on the Executive Committee of the Matrimonial Law Committee since July 2009; and effective July 1, 2015, she began her two-year term as Chair of this Committee. In June 2014, she received The Richard J. Keidel Memorial Award in recognition of her contributions as a skilled advocate, leader and her professionalism in the practice of Matrimonial Law. Ms. Baiamonte served on the NCBA Judiciary Committee from July 2009 through June 2015 (serving as Vice Chair from July 2013-June 2014, and as Chair from July 2014-June 2015). Ms. Baiamonte received the Bar Association’s 2014-2015 Directors’ Award for Outstanding Service as Chair of the Judiciary Committee. Ms. Baiamonte was installed as a member of the NCBA Board of Directors in June 2013.
Ms. Baiamonte is also an active member of the New York State Bar Association. She was appointed to the Executive Committee of the Family Law Section in July 2011, and was installed as Financial Officer of the Section in June 2014. Ms. Baiamonte also serves as a Co-Chair of the Continuing Legal Education Committee.
Ms. Baiamonte has served as an Arbitrator in the Early Neutral Evaluation Program in the Nassau County Supreme Court, and currently serves as a Discovery Referee in the Matrimonial Center as well as a Part 137 Fee Arbitrator for the 10th Judicial District.Ms. Baiamonte is a frequent lecturer on various matrimonial topics for the New York State and Nassau County Bar Associations and Nassau Academy of Law. She has appeared as a guest lecturer at various law schools (C.W. Post and St. John’s University School of Law) and other Bar groups; and she has been invited by Justices of the Nassau County Supreme Court to address Law Interns on the topic of legal research and writing.
Ms. Baiamonte is an Editor of Library of New York Matrimonial Law Forms, a 1,350+ page compendium of matrimonial law forms available through the New York Law Journal (©2012).
Ms. Baiamonte has extensive experience dealing with a full range of matrimonial issues, among them: agreements (pre-nuptial, post-nuptial, and separation), custody and visitation, equitable distribution, spousal and child support issues, license and professional practice valuations, enforcement and modification proceedings, awards of counsel fees and experts’ fees. Ms. Baiamonte has extensive appellate advocacy experience, having prosecuted and defended dozens of appeals involving complex matrimonial and family law issues, most notably: Perdios v. Perdios, 2016 WL 229383, 2016 N.Y. Slip Op. 00349 (2nd Dept., 2016), Beroza v. Hendler, 109 A.D.3d 498, 970 N.Y.S.2d 313 (2nd Dept., 2013); Goncalves v. Goncalves, 105 A.D.3d 901, 963 N.Y.S.2d 686 (2nd Dept., 2013); Chesner v. Chesner, 95 A.D.3d 1252, 945 N.Y.S.2d 409 (2nd Dept., 2012); Beroza v. Hendler, 71 A.D.3d 615, 896 N.Y.S.2d 144 (2nd Dept., 2010); Kriftcher v. Kriftcher, 59 A.D.3d 392, 874 N.Y.S.2d 153 (2nd Dept., 2009); DeMille v. DeMille, 5 A.D.3d 428, 774 N.Y.S.2d 156 (2nd Dept., 2004); DeMille v. DeMille, 32 A.D.3d 411, 820 N.Y.S.2d 111 (2nd Dept., 2006); Matter of Brim v. Combs, 25 A.D.3d, 691, 808 N.Y.S.2d 735 (2nd Dept., 2006); Matter of Brim v. Combs, 17 A.D.3d 361, 792 N.Y.S.2d 568 (2nd Dept., 2005); Klein v. Klein, 296 A.D.2d 533, 745 N.Y.S.2d 569 (2nd Dept., 2002); Rindos v. Rindos, 264 A.D.2d 722, 694 N.Y.S.2d 735 (2nd Dept., 1999); and Vigliotti v. Vigliotti, 260 A.D.2d 470, 688 N.Y.S.2d 198 (2nd Dept., 1999).
Ms. Baiamonte was born in Palermo, Italy. She is married with two children, and resides in Bayside, New York.
Rosalia was previously named one of the Ten Leaders in Matrimonial Law Under 45 on Long Island.
- Fall 2007: NYSBA Practical Skills - Basic Matrimonial Practice, Speaker (Motions and Pre-Trial Intervention)
- Fall 2009: NYSBA Practical Skills - Basic Matrimonial Practice, Program Chair and Speaker (Motions and Pre-Trial Intervention)
- Spring 2010: NYSBA Practical Skills - Family Court Practice, Support, Family Offense Proceedings and Ethics, Program Chair and Speaker (Objections to Orders of Support Magistrate, Appeals After Objections)
- Fall 2010: NYSBA Practical Skills - Basic Matrimonial Practice Program Chair and Speaker (Motions and Pre-Trial Intervention)
- Spring 2011: NYSBA Practical Skills - Family Court Practice: Custody, Child Protective Proceedings and Ethics Speaker (How to Handle a Custody Case - Part I - Basic Elements)
- Fall 2011: NYSBA Practical Skills - Basic Matrimonial Practice Program Chair and Speaker (Motions and Pre-Trial Intervention)
- Spring 2012: NYSBA Practical Skills - Family Court Practice, Support, Family Offense Proceedings and Ethics Program Chair and Speaker (Objections to Orders of Support Magistrate, Appeals After Objections)
- Fall 2012: NYSBA Practical Skills - Basic Matrimonial Practice Program Chair and Speaker (Practice Management, Ethics and Professionalism; Motions and Pre-Trial Intervention)
- Spring 2013: NYSBA Practical Skills - Family Court Practice - Custody Program Chair & Speaker (Ethics in Matrimonial and Family Law)
- Fall 2013: NYSBA Practical Skills - Basic Matrimonial Practice Program Chair and Speaker (Motions and Pre-Trial Intervention; Matrimonial Agreements and Introduction to CSSA)
- Fall 2013: Nassau Academy of Law - Pre-Nuptial Agreements Post-Petrakis Panelist, Speaker
- Fall 2013: NYSBA Matrimonial Trial Institute IV: A Mock Financial Trial Chair and Moderator
- Spring 2014: NYSBA Matrimonial Trial Institute V: Trial of a Custody Case Chair and Moderator
- Fall 2014: NYSBA Practical Skills - Basic Matrimonial Practice Program Chair and Speaker (Practice Management, Ethics and Professionalism)
- Fall 2014: NCBA - Matrimonial Law Committee Should Attorneys and Litigants Have Access to Forensic Reports and Forensic Evaluators’ Raw Data and Material? Panelist, Speaker
- Fall 2014: NYSBA Divorce Anniversaries 2014: 25th Anniversary of CSSA and 35th Anniversary of Equitable Distribution Chair and Moderator
- Spring 2015: NYSBA Divorce Anniversaries II: Valuation & Executive Compensation Moderator
- April 2015: New York City Bar Speaker, Ethics, Practice Management and Professionalism
- Fall 2015: NYSBA Family Law Section — Using Personal and Business Tax Returns to Develop Your Equitable Distribution and Support Case Program Chair Moderator and Speaker
- Fall 2015: NYSBA Family Law Section — So Custody Is an Issue: What Do We Do Now Program Chair Moderator and Speaker
- Fall 2015: NYS Board of Law Examiners Speaker Matrimonial and Family Law